Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's Finally About Us!

Since we've been in Texas, mom and dad have gone off exploring a lot. And they usually leave us at home. But today, Arnie and I got to go on a hike. We went to a place called River Legacy Park http://www.riverlegacy.org/ and it was awesome.

The trails are paved, and perfectly flat. Easy walking. Or in this case, dragging. When we start out on a walk, we usually pull on our leashes.


The park runs along the Trinity River. It's about 10 minutes from our house.



Mom is constantly amazed at all the turtles that are in the rivers. Every time we see a river, we see lots of turtles clinging to rocks and branches.


We took a break by posing in front of some pretty fall colors.


One of the COOLEST things about Texas is that every park has dog-sized drinking fountains. At least all the parks we've been to. Unfortunately, I won't drink out of them. They make noise, and water shoots into the bowl. I'm not sticking my nose into that. Arnie isn't so particular. He loves the fountains, and drinks and drinks until he's not hot anymore.


Mom had her new camera with her (obviously), and took pictures along the way. At the end of the walk, I was having none of it. Here I am refusing to sit for dad. Notice the look of complete disdain? Notice Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes sitting? For the record, I never sat down. Dad gave up trying. Score one for Gracie.


We walked for a couple of miles, most of it power-walking. When I got home, I curled up for a bit of well-deserved napping.



No comments:

Post a Comment