Thursday, January 14, 2010

Whew - we went to class

Gracie here: Stacey pulled in the driveway, right on time. But her car was in the shop, too. So we drove in a car. I don't think I've ever ridden in a car. It was kind of weird. We still rode in a crate (mom says we always have to ride in a crate in a car. It's safer for all of us. We're protected in case of a crash, and we don't get into trouble running loose in the car) but the crate was sideways. It took some getting used to, but Dobbie was next to us, and told us that the woozy feeling would go away. And when we got to class, we got out of the side of the car. I wasn't even sure that you could DO that.

Class was a blast, as always. And I was the star, as always (not counting Toby, who's always perfect. And Kelli, who is really fast. And Blazer who tries SO hard. And Bella who listens to her dad every time. And Dobbie, who runs like a sports car. And Jack who runs with enthusiasm.) But I was DEFINITELY better than Arnie. We worked on front crosses, mom's least favorite handling move. But she likes to work on them in class, to make herself better at them when we show. I'm pretty good at them, if she would just get out of my way, and tell me BEFORE I'm past the jump which way to go. But she does try.

The worst part of class was working on "stay". We work on that a lot, because mom says I'm so crazy I need a "stay". I don't think I need one, because they're SOOOO boring. I just sit there, waiting. I'd rather be running and spinning. But I get cookies if I sit for a few seconds, so I "stay". But I don't have to like it.

I'm so glad we got to go to class. And even more glad that the van will be done tomorrow. Back to riding straight in the car, and getting out the back end.

No comments:

Post a Comment