Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The van is sick

Arnie here: Mom says the van is sick. Not sick like when Gracie eats too many treats and pukes all over the back of the couch. Not sick like when Tango couldn't walk for a long time before he died. But sick, like WE MIGHT NOT GO TO AGILITY CLASS TONIGHT!!!!

The van stopped working out of the blue, and it's the transmission. Mom says it will cost a lot of money to fix, and we might have to cut back on our showing a little for a few months. It will get fixed in time for our show next weekend. But it won't be done until tomorrow, and we have class tonight. If Stacey doesn't go to class, we won't be going. I can't stand the thought of that. What will I do if I can't hang out with my friends in the 7:30 class? Who will run in the 12 inch group with Jack if me and Gracie aren't there? Who will show them how to run the fastest? Jump the highest?

I'm trying not to think about it too much, but I'm mentally preparing in case we can't go. And trying to think good thoughts, like mom says we should. Even though the van is dead, she says it could have been worse. We could have broken down at a show miles from home. Or on our way to class at 10 o'clock at night. Or the day before a show, and we wouldn't be able to go at all. We have another car, but we can't fit with 2 dogs and all our gear. So I'm trying to think positive. I could be missing class because I was hurt or sick. But it's hard when you love class soooo much. So I'll just keep hoping Stacey pulls in the driveway to pick us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment