Thursday, November 8, 2012

The 3 Pugateers

After a week of catch up, mom and I headed down to Suki and Aunt Julie's house to get Arnie. I tried to convince mom that were just fine without him, but she missed her "little man".

We drove down after work on Friday, and it was a great reunion with Arnie and Suki. Mom was so glad to see both of them (and Aunt Julie, of course).

The next morning, we had to get up and get out of the house. The 3 Pugateers (Aunt Julie named us) were walking for Alzheimer's, and we had to sign in and get in line to walk. While we were waiting, lots of people made a fuss over us, and a few wanted to have their picture taken with us. We were famous - someone told us they'd heard there were three cute pugs there. That was us!

Hanging out before the walk. 
The humans had their purple shirts, 
and we had our purple bandannas.

It was a 3 mile walk through a beautiful neighborhood, up and down Austin's hills. We were troopers, and made it the whole way, no problem. We even saw some deer run down the street. Crazy, huh?

Suki posing with our custom shirts.

We went downtown to get some food, and ended up at Coal Vines. It's a great pizza place, and we've eaten there before. All I can say is "yum".

After lunch, we headed to another adventure. Mom wanted to go to the Container Store. She'd heard they are very dog friendly, and she's an organizing junkie. So we headed there, and what should have been a 15 minute in-and-out turned into an hour long fanfest. Yup, we were famous again. People came up to us every few minutes, wanting to pet us and talk about us. One woman even called her daughter to come see us. It started as soon as we got out of the car. A man stopped us to take our picture, because his wife loves pugs. Really, who doesn't? The employees could barely do their jobs, they were so busy fussing over us, too. Two workers stopped moving boxes to see the pugs they'd heard were in the store. Word spread fast.

We finally made it out, but not before everyone waved goodbye as we headed out the door with our purchases.

More relaxing at home, then mom and Aunt Julie went to drink margaritas, listen to music and eat some good food.

The next morning, the humans took pity on us, and went back downtown without us. They ate brunch, did some shopping, then headed home. We packed up the car, Arnie said goodbye to the toy box, and we drove home.

Arnie was a little quiet that night. I think he missed Suki. But he'll see her soon. They're coming up for Thanksgiving. Can't wait.


  1. Hi Gracie,
    Oh my, we had so much fun when you came to Austin! I couldn't believe that we were treated like celebrities! Wait, we are. Hehe, snort. The T-shirts your Mom designed were AWESOME!

    Anytime you get tired of Arnie, he is welcome to stay at my house anytime!! I have to admit, I moped for days after he went home.

    Can't wait to see you soon!

    Hi Arnie!

  2. Gracie! I'm so glad you all got the attention all pugs deserve and for such a great cause. What an amazing October you had!