Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pug Nationals - Day 8

Yup, we're on day 8, and still no sign of slowing down. We got up bright and early this day, mom grabbed my treats, collar and leash......wait, is that my Rally collar?

The Rally ring

It was. Seems mom entered me in my very first Rally competition. We've only been practicing for a short time, and mom told me there was no pressure - just do my best and have fun. Well, have fun I did.

I do everything fast, and this course was no exception. We flew through, with me pinging off the end of my leash, and mom trying desperately to hang on. And in the end, we qualified! My first Rally leg.

After Rally, we decided to head over to the Del Valle dog show. There was lots of shopping, and 4 rings of agility. We were coming back to compete the next day, but knew there wouldn't be time for much shopping. We ate lunch (I got a nibble), then we headed back for more work.

The Showcase was tonight, and mom was helping set up. She hauled, lugged, carried and dragged all sorts of things. But it was soooo worth it. The set was spectacular. The theme was goldrush, and we used to live right near where gold was discovered in California.


Quite the set. Worthy of Hollywood.


The details were all great. These are little chicks in a box.

Check out those gold nuggets!

Where the pugs and their humans entered the ballroom

After setting up, there was practice. Mom was playing roadie, so she had to practice, too. Then it was back to the room for cleanup, a quick bite to eat, and time for the Showcase.

The Showcase highlights the top Pugs in conformation, obedience, rally and agility in a show just for them. Someday mom says I'll make it to the Showcase, but we need to get our act together first. My brother, Levi, was in the Showcase in 2005. She still has his ribbon displayed in the dog room.

Then it was early to bed, because you guessed it - another action-packed day tomorrow.

Day 9 tomorrow.....

4 comments:

  1. We are so enjoying reading all about nationals.
    Wish we could have been there just to watch.
    Congrats on your first rally leg!

    pughugs,
    Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracie, the rally pug! I like it. That set is cool. Keep the stories coming!
    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have liked these stories, too.. I did not know about all the pug competitions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracie,
    I love the little chicks. You will be in the showcase. Keep up the hard work sister, it will pay off.

    Hi Arnie! Counting down the days. Hehe, snort, blush.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete