Sunday, March 18, 2012

Continuing on with 1000 Pugs recap

Sorry we've been a little lax in posting about our 1000 Pug adventure, but mom's work was CRAZY busy last week.

Like I've mentioned, mom is terrible about taking pictures. So if you want to see a bunch of photos from the weekend, head over to Payton's blog and check out the photos her mom took.

On Friday, the 1000 Pug photoshoots started. We all headed down to the Stockyards to check out the sights, see some pugs, and attend the meet and greet at the Love Shack. It was really cold and raining, so mom made me wear a coat. It had a hood, and I hated it. So I walked around with my head down, banging into things, until she finally turned the darned hood inside out and I could finally see. We found this cool stagecoach, and had our picture taken.

We got to hang out with Pug, his mom, and Tiffy's mom at the Love Shack. I got in trouble when I became obsessed with the ranch dressing container on the table, and managed to hook my paw in it and fling it ALL over the table and floor. After that "stunt" (as mom called it) I got no more food while we were there. I had to watch while Pug ate half a burger, and Arnie got to snack on chicken. 

When we got home, the humans drank beer and ate food, and lots of laughing and talking went on. 

On Saturday morning, Payton's mom and dad picked up food from Chef Point Cafe. They were on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, and the food was deeelish. We got some bacon after the humans had cleaned their plates. 

After breakfast, we went to McKinney. You might remember my last trip there, and how I did my business right in the middle of town? This time I didn't embarrass mom, and stayed still for all the photo ops. You know, the photos she didn't take, so you'll have to see them on Payton's blog? Yeah, those. 

Mom got a pleasant surprise while we were trying to stay dry. We were waiting for dad to get the van, and we were chatting with 1000 Pug's next appointment. Mom thought she looked familiar, and she was! Many years ago, this lady came to the first ever agility trial that the national Pug Club put on, in Seattle. Then the next year, she was in San Antonio when mom flew out for the second trial. This lady had run her pug, Hunter, and he was there, too, to get his picture taken with his sister Annie. They all chatted for a bit, and promised to stay in touch. Small world, huh?

That night, Payton's mom wanted BBQ (who comes to Texas and doesn't eat BBQ?), so they all ate delicious meat from Red, Hot and Blue. It was so good, I didn't even get a taste - they ate it all up. After dinner, Payton wasn't feeling well, so her parents took her to the doctor. She's doing better, and we're still sending her juju to continue her good health.

That night, Pug's mom called to ask if we could reschedule our photo shoots. We were all supposed to be the first appointments in the morning, and the weatherman was calling for really cold and really rainy conditions. So we rescheduled to Monday. But we wanted to check out the Grapevine Botanical Gardens, so we made plans to go there when the weather cleared a little. 

More on that in the next episode.....


  1. We had so much fun, huh Gracie?!? I can't wait to hear about the part of the weekend that I missed!

  2. Hello - we're Zoe, Peyton, Webster & Liberty! We just found your blog. We are going to be part of 1000 Pugs - in Milwaukee! We are so excited!

    Pug Hugs!