Monday, November 14, 2011

Great Weekend!!!

I teased you about my plans for the weekend, so here's the scoop.


We don't have many photos, because Suki's mom is a great photographer, so we left the picture taking to her. Here's one of the city of Austin.


Suki and her mom came to my agility trial on Saturday, and we got to meet for the first time. Suki is adorable. She's tiny, but mighty. She was in constant motion, and wanted to meet everyone she saw. She is just adorable. She got to see me run agility, and thought I did pretty good.

After my run was over, we went back to the hotel to pick up Arnie and dad. Arnie's more like Suki, so they got along famously. Lots of wiggly and wagging going on.

Suki and her mom took us to a great pizza place, where we got to sit on the patio with the humans. http://homeslicepizza.com/ Arnie and Suki were very well behaved while pizza and beer was consumed, but I managed to sneek a lick. Busted!

Then we went to the Austin Botanical Gardens, where dogs are allowed. It was a beautiful day, and walking through the flowers and trees was relaxing.

After walking around, we planned to meet the next day at agility again, then we went back to the hotel to chill.

That night, we decided to head back down to Austin, which was hopping. We walked around a lot (it's a VERY dog friendly city), then had some Thai food at a food truck. We got lots of attention from people walking by, and Arnie managed to eat out of a soy sauce packet he found on the ground. After a quick stop for cupcakes http://www.heycupcake.com/ we headed home.

Suki and her mom came to agility the next day, too. Her and Arnie cheered me on, in between playing.

Agility itself didn't bring any ribbons or Q's, but I did really well. A few bobbles kept me from qualifying, but mom said I'm really doing good. We show again in a few weeks, so hopefully I do a little better.

All in all, an AWESOME weekend. Suki and her mom were so nice to show us around their town. We made plans to get together again, maybe soon.....I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

  1. As one who had had the distinct pleasure of meeting Suki and her Pugrent I am happy for you, Gracie. Suki and her Mom are great and are wonderful friends! Congratulations on your successful agility trials!!!!

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gracie! That sounds like a great weekend! I'm glad you are doing good at your agility meets and I just know you'll nail it soon and qualify for sure! Suki is the best, it's so cool that you got to meet her and her mom. I know she was super excited to meet you, the famous agility master! Hmmm, I wonder if Arnie is in love...
    Love,
    Payton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gracie AND Arnie!

    It was great to meet you and your parents. The weekend was so much fun! Looking forward to seeing you all again.

    Hugs,
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracie, this is Hazel at the pugranch in Idaho! We are so impressed with your agility talents. My mom takes me and my pug brother Bailey to obedience class and an occasional trial. I have managed to get my Rally Novice title and my Companion Dog title. I have tried to get my rally advanced title but I get the zoomies when the leash comes off Haha. Bailey also has his RN and just this year got his Beginner Novice title. Good luck at your next trial!
    Hazel & Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful weekend with Suki! I am so happy you did good at your agility, keep it up and you will be bringing home ribbons left and right soon.

    ReplyDelete