It comes with rules, however. I have to tell you 7 things about my mom. Here they are:
1. She has gypsy blood. By that, I mean she (and we) move around. She has no fear of moving to new places, where she doesn't know a soul. She left home at 17 (from Syracuse, New York) and has lived in Phoenix, San Diego, Tucson, Sacramento and now Fort Worth. She has a list of places she'd like to live (no snow), and can't wait to retire or win the lottery to check them out.
2. She's a graphic artist. She does 99% of her work on the computer, and loves every minute of it. She's worked at all sorts of places that need graphic designers: a t-shirt shop, ad specialty shop, print shop, sign shop, and the marketing department in a real estate office. Right now she works for a company that sells formula and equipment to sanitize, disinfect, sterilize and remediate bacteria, viruses and pathogens in hospitals, food plants and government buildings.
3. She hates to cook. She wishes she could - she watches the Food Network all the time. But something happens between her motivation to make something delicious and the actual creation of the food. So she'll continue to live vicariously through the food shows.
4. She wants to come back in her next life as someone with musical ability. In spite of years of piano lessons and a love of music, she can't carry a tune. You know those people that think they can sing on American Idol, but really stink? She's those people. Only she KNOWS she can't sing.
5. Mom and dad love working in the same business. They met while they worked together, when they were just friends. Then they started dating, and got married, and went to work at another place together. They were together 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and got along great. Right now, they work different jobs, but hopefully they can swing working together again.
6. My mom creates stained glass artwork. It's dirty, and she has cut up fingers, but she loves it. She can't wait to get into a house where she can start doing it more.
7. She's a reality television junkie. Survivor, Amazing Race, Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, Cake Boss - if it's a reality show, she's probably checked it out. It's her guilty pleasure. But for the record, she would never actually go on any of those show. Except Greatest American Dog.
Ok, so now I must pass on the award to seven other deserving bloggers.
- The Westover Pug & Pap Pack @ http://westoverpugpack.blogspot.com/
- A boy, a girl and a pug @ http://aboyagirlandapug.blogspot.com/
- Beautiful Siobhan @ http://nicepug.blogspot.com/
- I'm so excited to be a Pug @ http://jemimajones.blogspot.com/
- Oisin The Pug @ http://oisinthepug.blogspot.com/
- Pug Possessed @ http://pugpossessed.blogspot.com/
- The gang at Smushie Ranch @ http://livingwithapug.blogspot.com/
I hope none of these are redundant. Now let the games begin!