Saturday, August 7, 2010

The art of fish

Arnie here: I'm taking a break from the "dog" thing here, and want to tell you about mom's "other" passion. For as long as she can remember, she's been drawing. Pad after pad was filled with her artwork. Although she drew all sorts of things, animals were what she drew most. In school, she concentrated on art. In college, she studied Fine Art, but realized quickly that she wasn't a painter, but rather a graphic artist. Around that time, the first Mac came out, and mom got one. That started on a 25 year obsession with combining art and technology. Even though mom sucks at math (her words, not mine), she "gets" computers, and does virtually all of her drawing now on the computer.

Recently, she discovered a type of digital photo processing that creates paint-like effects to photos. She's started practicing the technique, and here's her first "real" result:

I think it's kind of cool, but I'm not sure if it's because I like the result, or the fact that I REALLY want to jump in and get the Koi.

I'll be showing you her artwork here and there, so you can enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment