Friday, July 30, 2010

Product Review

Laurie here: I'm taking a little departure from agility for this post. I'm also writing this myself, instead of handing the keyboard over to Arnie or Gracie.

I have a confession to make: I am a vacuum-aholic. I obsess over them, research them, and buy a new one every few years, trying to find the perfect product. That includes handheld vacuums, too. When you have pugs, it goes without saying that there is fur EVERYWHERE. I'm constantly brushing, wiping, sweeping and vacuuming, in an attempt to keep the fur level down to a manageable level. I have hardwood floors, so my vacuum purchasing doesn't need to deal with carpet. But I want suction - LOTS of it.

About 20 years ago, I bought an electric broom (Hoover Runabout) that is still the best hair picker-upper I've ever used. No vacuum has ever come close to it. (My dream vacuum is the Dyson Animal. I drool over it every time I see it in a store. I think it might do the job. But I just can't bring myself to pay the price.) For handheld vacuums, I've used a Dustbuster for 20 year, but it's obsolete - I can't find bags for it anymore. I replaced it a few years ago, but the newer model didn't work at all.

About 6 months ago, I decided to find the perfect handheld. I wanted one with a cord (the cordless just don't have enough power), and it had to be bagless. I stumbled upon the Bissell Pet Eraser, and since the price was right, I bought it.

IT IS THE BEST HANDHELD VACUUM I'VE EVER USED. There, I said it. And here it is:

http://www.bissell.com/pet-hair-eraser-corded-hand-vacuum/

If you're looking for an easy-to-use, effective, powerful, reliable and lightweight handheld vacuum, this is it. Five paws out of five, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment