Saturday, January 15, 2011

Gotta lot of agility work to do


We went to our second class on Thursday. There was a new dog, and one missing this week. The sequence was super simple - jump, tunnel, jump, jump, jump. Easy peezy, right? WRONG!

I appears that I was unable to take a certain jump at class when it was in the sequence. It looked like the other jumps, but for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to jump over it. Even when mom ran right next to the jump - I squeezed past her to avoid the jump. Even when she stopped - I ran right past it. Even when the instructor put a wing on the jump - went around that too. Even when the instructor stood next to the jump and the wing - went right around both of them.

Yup, I could do the jump when it was the only one I took, so it wasn't the jump or the footing or the lighting. Nope, it was THAT jump, in THAT spot, in THAT part of the sequence.

Needless to say, mom was NOT happy with me. She said I embarrassed her (like she never does that to me. Just every time we run a course.) So now we're into super-practice mode at home. She set up the same exact sequence that we had at class. And you guessed it - I did perfectly! Didn't matter, though. She still worked my butt off. At least we'll both be in shape for class next week.

I'll let you know how I make a fool out of her next week.

And just so you know I CAN jump, that shot at the top was me at the last trial I went to.

1 comment:

  1. Hehehehe, way to go. Just tell her, it's part of being a pug. It's in your genes,you can't help yourself!

    ReplyDelete